Friday, May 20, 2005

www.seizureandy.com/stuff/guts.html

Whatever you do, for your own safety, try and stop yourself and others from visiting the link above. You WILL regret it.
There are some things in literiture, some things in this world, that just aren't talked about. This short story by Chuck Palahniuk is the first hard line proof and evidence that there is something on earth that disturbs me. I cannot re-read this story. Even if i was paid. It's beyond words. This is the highpoint and low point of the genre. It's astounding. I am in shock. read it.... if you want to be physically nauseated. or like graphic, unfortunate tales of unimaginable human pain and disgust. Apparently at a reading in New Jersey several people physically passed out. I can almost understand why. Don't mail a print out to your grandma. She wil DIE. ewww *shiver*

So onto more beautious and bountiful things.
I am now on exam leave which is good and bad. Good because it means no structured learning. I can study what i want, attend classes when i want, and work 11am-1am hours. On the flipside (switch... turn it over now... Will smith sucks) it means I have to do exams. And semi-important exams worth lots of marks that will result in my future being planned. so it's all sexy. I'm more than a little worried about my Drama performance exam, though. Normally i'm confident in drama, but i'm a little shat out becuase Ibsen scares me with his brilliance. Also it's not really showcasing my ability enough to get lots of sexalishous scores.

Whilst I advise against reading the above link, I strongly recommend Sun Tzu's "Art of War." It's really really fantastic and will bail you out of any situation where you need to find a wise sounding power-quote. It is soooo deep. I've been quoting from it perhaps just a little too much during the past few weeks, but hey, that's what ancient Chinese literiture is for. It really is very intelligent and applicable. Unlike applicable maths. which is about as useful to me as a fully loaded shotgun aimed at my face.

If i get time, remind me to review the Dandy Warhols album 13 tales of urban bohemia. I intend to, i just can't be bothered right now. I have to listen to all of it a few more times. In the mean time, pretend I made really extensive and intelligent comments about it that you weren't going to read anyway.

And now for something completely different.
Hardcore badger sex!

Actually better.
I write comics. But i haven't put one out in a long, long LONG time. I think Gus #3 was the last time I published anything. So now i need to again. Which is good, becuase i'll get paid tomorrow, and I am going to go to officeworks and bust out some printing glory. I should get out Issue 1 and 2 of my mini "The Chronicles of Jimmy, the annoyingly depressed homicidal chimp" and also a few mock-ups of my master-epic-slap-dash Garbage Collection, which includes Elvis II, a bunch of one panel cartoons, and my personal favorite "10 Minute Pants" short strips. It'll cost $5 to get yourself a copy of one of those and will be available through me and hopefully http://www.phasetwocomics.com in a few weeks time. Cheer loudly! Also I'm putting together a Gus trade paperback, collecting the first four issues - roughly 175 pages - as soon as I put the final touches on issue 4. that'll have lots of goodies and extras and should be around the $12 mark. maybe $10. anyway, comics = me = production = likely.

Love y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter