Wednesday, April 27, 2005

"I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul!"

I really reccommend bob dylan. For everything.

If you are a songwriter, or a music appreciator, or just wanting a good quote, he's your man.
I've just finished a really long review of some of August and Everything after and a whole bunch of other counting crows albums with my friend on msn, so I really can't be bothered typing it all out again as I was probably going to do before.
So Instead we'll play guess the lyric. Tell your friends! All you need to do is tell me which song and by which band these come from. When all ten lyric snippets are guessed correctly, I'll post a great humourous rant against seagulls and in favour of Josh Cunningham.
Whack some guesses in the comments section. Some are easy, some are hard.

1) If you weren't my mother, I would make you my wife

2) Hey! Kids! Rock and roll! Nobody tells you where to go

3) Look at them yo-yos, that's the way to do it.

4) I said hey, hey don't go giving all your sentiment away, hey

5) One for sadness, two for joy, three for girls and four for boys

6) He said, we haven't had that spirit here since 1969

7) I'm so ugly, that's ok cos so are you.

8) When you're weary, feeling small

9) I wanna move up and be a canadian, or hang down low with nice Australians

10) Last night I had the strangest dream

GUESS AWAY folks and ladies, they are waiting for your ripe brains to peruse them.

So how is everyone? I'm a little tired myself, working hard, But i feel healthy again and that is GOOOOOD.
Saw the set today!!!!!!!! Oh my. Oh my it is soooo cool. It is delicious. It's like you take sex, and mash it up, then make a stage out of it. But it would have to be tantric sex, cos it's nutty.
We are actually all going to fall off it and break bones. Plus it gets lit from beneath! it's insane!

I feel alive.
Unlike Joh Bjelkie-Perterson.
Which is good because, the more i can distance myself form the dead people, the better chance that it'll never happen to me.

I finished my art project today. There's a lot of elements of Magritte in it, and also some of Rothko. Now there's an interesting artist. Mark Rothko is the guy who paints those sort of red squares on orange squares type of thing. very famous modern art. I used to dismiss it as kind of simplistic, but look closer and he has a great understanding of forms, and of how paint works. His technique is very defined and it is actually exceptionally difficult to reproduce similar works to his, no matter how basic it seems.
I've got a cut-out of one of his more famous red pieces on my wall, and it balances dark and light shades, with large and small forms REALLY REALLY well.

Also, I really like the work of Brett Whitely. gee, i could go on about him for hours and pages, but I think i'll save my surrealists are good rant for next time. I need some sleep if i'm going to0 run cross country tomorrow. All the best, arividechi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Toastghost said...

ok, here goes;
1 = waifs Gilian
2 = REM Drive
3 = Dire Straits money for nothing
4 = havent the foggiest
5 = ditto
6 = Eagles Hotel California
7 = no love for myself???
8 = bridge over troubled water (2 easy)
9 = NOFX Franco Unamerican
10 = Simon & Garfunkle last night i had the strangest dream

August 09, 2005 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter