Monday, July 17, 2006

Tick

Why can’t people mean what they mean. Like, people do say what they mean a lot, just that what they say and mean isn’t actually what they really mean to get out of that particular conversation. It’s too layered.

Today is one Monday of many one days. Days are seen as singular units, even though they are made up of hours and seconds and milliseconds and femtoseconds and a second to the power of one on 43, which is known as Planck time, and is a much better singular unit, but like I said, we don’t see that.
A week however is always made up of seven days. Very few people measure things in weeks as a singular unit, i.e.: 13 weeks. Except pregnancy, I must admit. But even that is known generally as 9 months. See, if something is long enough to be measured in months, it is done so. But if something is too short to be measured in months it is almost universally to be measured in days. Weeks are a secondary unit of measurement. So are fortnights. Who says eight fortnights when they could say about 4 months? Just saying.
Some units of time are fundamental and common, but others seem relegated to the back seats. I propose to my readers that we make a concerted effort this week to use the undervalued values! If you think about it, Christ was only born 501 leap-years ago. I shall now date my work accordingly. Today is the 17/7/501 AD.

What we really need is metric time! That would really screw the world around to my favour. Noted on my list of goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter