Monday, June 05, 2006

Stupid Internet Games Touch Our Lives

Give me a BS for Blog Stealing!. This is kinda like a much better voluntary e-mail chain letter. I stole it off Veech, who stole it off someone else, so it’s ok. It’s not stealing if it’s continuous.

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle.Say the following questions aloud, and press play.Use the song titles that come up to answer each question.NO CHEATING.
How does the world see me?
The City of New Orleans, by Arlo Guthrie. Which you could interpret to mean the world sees me as a kinda folky lyricist, or a train wreck. Or, conceivably, as a destroyed music capital.
Will I have a happy life?
The Truth doesn’t make a Noise, by the White Stripes. I guess that’s a no. Abuse for all.
What do people really think of me?
Finding Your Own Way Home, by Duncan James. Yep, that settles it, folky and lyrical.
Do people secretly lust after me?
In the Backseat, by the Arcade Fire. Hehehhee, backseat of the car eh. That might just count as a “yes”.
How can I make myself happy?
Don’t Let Me Explode, by the Hold Steady. This is the best one yet. Not exploding WOULD make me incredibly happy. Actually, just listening to my favorite band is making me happier already. Maybe it’s trying to say I’d be happy if I took a road trip around America’s north-west. Three counts of smack on correct.
What should I do with my life?
Thrasher, by Neil Young. Hmm… become a farmer? Oh, wait, I get it, move out of this shithole farming town and head for the big lights. Good advice Neil.
Will I ever have children?
No Children, by the Mountain Goats. Ha, I’m kidding. I was really hoping that came up, but I guess life can’t be like that. It was Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out), by the Arcade Fire. That either means I’ll have three, or I’m impotent. Great. Fucked either way.
What is some good advice for me?
Music, By the Beautiful Girls. Yeah, that is good advice. Impressive record so far.
What do I think my current theme song is?
Protons, Neutrons, Electrons, by the Cat Empire. Hey, isn’t that EVERYONE’S underlying theme song. I mean seriously, that’s a pretty good theme song for life if I ever heard one.
What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Tom’s Diner, by Susanne Vega. Now this just doesn’t make sense at all. Which perfect, because everyone really probably does think I’m as random, pointless and catchy as this song. Nice.
What song will play at my funeral?
Tribute, by Tenacious D. HA! Perfect. “The greatest man in the world” I like the sound of that. Kind of appropriate, but I’d have preferred “Hard Fucking”. Or “With Karate I’ll Kick Your Ass”, and then I was played like a puppet, karate chopping screaming funeral attenders.
What type of men/women do you like?
Cubs in Five, by the Mountain Goats. Either this means five year olds, or baseball players. Since I really can’t stand either this is the first one that’s been completely useless.
What is my day going to be like?
Wonderwall, by Oasis. That’s gotta be a good sign. Or maybe it means my day will be lonely. They all are people, they all are.
Why am I here?
The Element Song, by Tom Lehrer. I’m here… FOR SCIENCE! This falls under the same category as “Protons, Neutrons, Electrons” – it’s everyone’s reason they’re here.
What will people remember me for?
Game Shows Touch our Lives, by the Mountain Goats. Great. I’m destined to be Andrew O’Keefe. Just great. I wish it was “Touching Game Show’s Wives”… that’d be much better to be remembered for.
What song will I get stuck in my head tomorrow?
Wordless Chorus, by My Morning Jacket. I have it stuck in my head now, thank you.
What will this year be all about?
Crucifixion Cruise, by the Hold Steady. So religion and drugs. I can totally dig it.

More actual insight from me later. Considering how much music is on my media player, that’s a pretty limited selection. It doubles up artists a lot.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you know the song that is to play at my funeral is the halleluiah chorus. how. awesome. is. that.

June 06, 2006 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter