Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Name is No One


And I go a little mad.

What I lack, and oh people don’t get me wrong because I lack so few things, so listen closely disciples, what I lack – is direction.
I feel a bit like untapped pool, without the heart to find a single thing that means everything to me. Instead, I am cursed to find that almost everything means something to me, and it’s a lonely, appeasing living.
Well, I guess the upside is it’s not a completely lonely boat. Lacking direction is hardly unique. Just plain desponding.

So I finally got my hands on Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people of 2006… yes I know I’m well over a month late on this one, but my dad’s a Time hog and it’s pointless to have two copies in one house. Interesting everybody! Check out some of the basic info at http://time.com/time100 but I would suggest you get your hands on a real copy. Condoleezza Rice wrote Oprah’s entry, and it’s one hell of a charged read. Where I’m going with this, oh yea of little faith, is the opening line reads “I believe influence is the union of power and purpose.” And if Condi believes it then I fucking well do too. So If you’ve been paying attention at all I’m just whinging about having power with no purpose, and don’t really have anything relevant to say here.

I feel a WOO coming on! If you post “woo” anywhere within your comment, you’ll win a special Round Here apathy prize pack (the sneakier the apathetic-er). If you can name the source of my WOO oncoming, you win an even bigger prize pack: my grudging respect. Maybe.

If you’re reading this, chances are you’re very bored. Not of my writing, I assume, otherwise you’d be lost long back, but in general, hence your vague internet wafting. SO! I think you should all Google “Slavoj Zizek” and do yourself a favour.
Especially if you’re doing a cultural studies unit as I seem to be. It’s gold, it’s all gold, it’s mysterious, hilarious, grand literary hoax mystique gold. And no one knows a thing, not even I, your omnipotent savior.

AND HEED! We are now past the solstice! Our mighty annulations are beyond the bisect! We march onwards.
I log my blog. Oh what a great sentence! It’s at once über, über po-mo po-mil technorati crap , plus it rhymes! So I log my blog, right, and I just noted that I opened my year’s worth of entries with the words ‘Clandestine openings and slamming departures!’
WELL! We are now at the midpoint, the nadir perhaps, of our 2006 together, and creeping through these clandestine openings are the tendrils that have built our lives! At this point our year’s openings have now made themselves subtly, if not pressingly clear, and it is all downhill from here friends! Oh, yes! Beware the golden threads to choose to tug at now will be slamming departures by the end, and we are well and truly on the path now, no turning back!
I choose to name this point in my year ‘The Walkway’, in between the openings of the new year, the new friends, ventures, hopes, challenges and hates. We are walking, the pathway locked and enclosed towards a slamming departure of this period in our lives, we are tracing the lines of our beasts, and hold friends, HOLD!

That might just be my favorite Shakespeare moment by the way. God, what a dorky thing to have, a “favorite Shakespeare moment” as if we all have 5. No, when Lady Macbeth is soliloquizing, she finishes the most powerful speech that a woman gets to make in any Shakespeare play, and does so with the words “Hold! Hold!” I really like it. It says something to me, many things, those powerful pair of identical words. Like a drowning man remembering all that he did wrong to the one woman he loved, crying silently kilometers undersea, Hold, everyone. Hold.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dog is dreaming. Hahahahahahahahahaha it's really hilarious. And sweet. What an angel she is. Figuratively.

I read the Oprah bit. It's quite interesting. I think the one on the King of Bhutan (i think it's King, it's been a while since I read it)is so admirable. For someone on nobility and power to be so humble and mortal is something so few of the world's people see today and indeed so few will probably ever see. But there you go.

I love your reading. And I was watching scrubs the other day and they said "domo arigato mr amato" and it reminded me of your post.

Hm. Funny what we find in our lives isn't it. And how words are so often not enough! So often.

June 28, 2006 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading this post, you're like an angry teenaged future suicide cult leader. That isn't a good thing.

July 22, 2006 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter