Sunday, October 23, 2005

Feelin' Old

Well, yes, it’s my birthday.
I’m 17 and I guess that’s somewhat of an achievement since biologically the human species is only supposed to live until 19, when all our breeding should have been done. Stupid species.

Well, the night’s not over. You’re not trying hard enough.
Macca got me quite a lot of beer. We drank it very efficiently. Then played cricket. I guess that was fun.

Also I never have to go to school again, but that’s a moot point.

Everything is very satisfactory isn’t it?

I want to be a non-dying martyr. Someone who sacrifices a metaphorical life for a cause. Yeah. And then when we are old and beautiful, and the night shines as powerful as a Melbourne stallion, we can stare at our thumbs and wonder where all the good songs went, where all the better TV might be, and who the lost kisses of the ones that got away found swimming in this ocean of never.

1 Comments:

Blogger Toastghost said...

happy birthday. unless its an unhappy one. if it is, dont say i didnt warn you

October 24, 2005 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter