Sunday, November 13, 2005

Prats

Where are all the attractive bisexual nymphomaniacs hiding? I bet they’re at Mark’s house. Let’s all go to Mark’s house!

So I’ve been listening to a lot of Death Cab for Cutie lately, (who by the way my mum reckons have the worst band name she’s ever heard, and this is from someone who loves ELO and The Bay City Rollers), and one thing I’ve tended to notice is that they don’t have a great deal of lyrics do they?
I mean, granted, the ones they do have are really, really nice and make me feel like I should be in a caring relationship or something, but they just have about a verse and a chorus per song. As is my observation anyway. I only have 2 of their records and ones just an extended EP.

Another person who doesn’t write very many lyrics in his songs is Woody Guthrie. Track down the Lyrics to Lonesome Man… actually no fuck it, I’ll post them here.

Today has been a lonesome day
Today has been a lonesome day
Today has been a lonesome day
And it looks like tomorrow'll be the same old way

Did you ever hear a church bell toll
Did you ever hear a church bell toll
Did you ever hear a church bell toll
It's a sign that another good man done gone

See, they’re like all the same but really good. Just like Deathcab.

I’m sure none of you give the slightest shit. Just an observation how some things like that can work, depending on who’s doing it.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I actually dunno any of those bands...lol...but thats just me...cyas elle **

November 13, 2005 7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust Mark to keep them all to himself...

November 14, 2005 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter