Friday, April 22, 2005

First Rule of Cinema:

... it's all crap.

I'm sorry. It just is. I've lost faith in the millions of dollars going into that industry. Pay careful attention, this may be the last time I post in a while. I have a very short attention span. It comes from seeing too many crap films in my childhood.

Let's talk about the new pope.
Who likes him? Put up your hand. Now laugh because you're imagining some poor sod a million miles away raising his/her hand in front of their computer. Now stop laughing becuase you realize it's you.
Benedict XVI eh? Really when you get up to 16 it's about time to start thinking of a new name. GET CREATIVE VATICAN! I mean this is the leader of 1.1 billion people. What if everyone followed the example and took on only a certain few pre-chosen names.
"Hi! I'm Pius MMMMCVII, nice to meet you."
Even so, i'm still not sure about him. Lets give the old guy some time to settle in and start the long process of dying before we judge, ja?
I think its mean to admit he's just a transitional pope, whilst the effects of JP2 sink in.
I mean, you work your whole life, God finally chooses you as his representative, but he does so at a really bad moment and in the shadow of someone far, far better than you. What a downer. Still, it's pretty cool that you get your whole life without the constraints of being pope and then are allowed a few years at the end to get your name on offical stuff and secure a damn nice penthouse apartment in heaven. Still, there have been 265 popes and Benny's gonna be struggling to justify his lasting impact on the world. Unless he is in fact a Nazi and then the bureaucrats upstairs would really have a conflict of interest.
I would run for papacy myself, but I hate the celibacy thing. I'm SURE that's not His will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter