Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Barometer Plummets

The storm rolls in! Cresting, furtive waves of pounding power, wreaks thunderous damage, sowing what we reap.

Somewhat like my love life.

I bought two pairs of shoes yesterday. Tangent pending. Also, Lawrence has heard this story, so he can tune out.
Normally shoe buying is something I don’t think about. At the beginning of every school year I’ve needed larger or less scrappy shoes so me and my mum have gone out and bought me a new pair of nice black shoes and some all purpose sneakers.
Well, February has almost gone and it occurred to me that there was no more school to go back to, thus no shoes to be bought for me. But my old shoes were still too small and scrappy!
I actually had to shop and purchase shoes that were stylish and practical and it felt like a major rite of passage. Buying shoes.

Come to think of it I’ve always had a thing about shoes. Stealing shoes… that’s my unforgivable crime. They do it to that kid in About a Boy… and in that horrid technicolour Wizard of Oz. Something else too… I forget. It’s wrong.

Shoes are for protecting feet but also perhaps concealing? Smile like you mean it. There’s a GREAT song. A little bit… how the Smiths would be if they were new millennium instead of 80’s.

Perhaps another post pos-OC. But most likely not, I have my driving test tomorrow, might not pass, don’t kid me, but there wasn’t another until July so I’m giving it a reasonable shot.
I’ll talk about university some time… when I’m a little over the… um… shock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counter